This is the end of the winter break and you need time to get yourself back into a regular routine. From the dentist appointments to the appointments with the oral surgeon, you were able to make sure that the teeth cleaning appointments were completed and the wisdom teeth removal is scheduled. It would be fun if you were able to spend the entire break just hanging around the house and spending time with your children, but that is not always the case. In fact, every time there is a break from school you have many appointments on the books. You want to make sure that you are able to get as many of these appointments our of the way when the kids do not need to miss any part of the school day.
Dentist appointments help patients of all age find solutions to everything from having a healthy smile to understanding the options for dealing with temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ). For these reasons there are a number of dental clinics that offer a number of services. And while regular cleanings are a way to teach patients of all age the best lifelong dental habits, some of these dental offices offer the best way to make sure that you are dealing with the difficulties that can be a part of TMJ disorder. Although it is is more prevalent among younger individuals, the prevalence of TMJD is somewhere between 5% and 12% of the population.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many reasons that Americans find themselves in need of dental appointments, during the holidays, as well as other times of the year:
- A number that is growing by 500,000 each year, 3 million people have dental implants.
- 27% of adults in the U.S. have untreated tooth decay.
- 13% of adults 65 years or older maintain unimpacted wisdom teeth without periodontal disease or cavities.
- Usually around ages 14 to 16 years for females and ages 17 to 21 years for males, jaw surgery is appropriate after an adolescent stops growing.
- 98% is the reported success rate of dental implants.
- Performed on 5 million Americans every year, wisdom tooth removal is an outpatient oral surgery.
Finding the time to keep the important dental appointments that you need can be a challenge, so it is no surprise that there are many parents who take the time over breaks from school to make sure these appointments happen.