Whether you are getting ready for a first date or you are preparing for a job interview, it is important to look your best so that you can be both confident and assured. When it comes to how you look, there are few things as important as your smile. If, however, you are embarrassed by your teeth you may not have the confidence that you need to live a healthy and successful life.
Fortunately, there are many cosmetic dentists in the country who can help you improve your smile, your confidence, and your prospects. From surgery for jaw disorders to single tooth implants, finding the right cosmetic dentist or oral surgeon can help you create a smile that you are proud of. By reading dental implant doctor reviews and doing research on other procedures that you are considering, you can likely find a dentist who will be able to offer what you are looking for.
A Healthy Smile Can Help Boost Your Confidence
An experienced dental surgeon can provide tooth extraction procedures, as well as dental implants and other types of oral surgery procedures. By paying close attention to oral surgeons and their dental implant doctor reviews you can make sure that you find a doctor who is not only good with patients, but also find one who has patients who are happy with the work that they have done.
Nearly 3 million people have dental implants and that number is growing by as much as 500,000 a year, and research reported in scientific literature indicates that dental implants have a success rate of 98%. Because these procedures can be a fairly expensive investment, though, it is important to make sure that you are working with a trusted and experienced surgeon.
Consider some of these facts and figures about some of the common dental procedures that contribute to not only the appearance of the patients, but the nation’s economy as well:
- 5 million Americans have their wisdom teeth removed, an out patient procedure, every year in America.
- 35 million people in the U.S. have been diagnosed with temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ) disorder.
- 66% of those with TMJ disorders will seek treatment. Among these patients, 15% will develop chronic TMJD
- 69% of Americans between the ages of 35 and 44 have at least one missing tooth.
- 25% of Americans over the age of 74 have lost all of their natural teeth.
- More than 35 million of all Americans are missing all their teeth in one or both jaws, according to prosthodontists.
Whether you are considering wisdom teeth removal or you are looking at an even more extensive procedure, it is important to pay attention to what other patients have to say in dental implant doctor reviews and other available resources.