Smile Like You Mean It With Some Help From the Cosmetic Dentist

Beverly hills cosmetic dentistry

Even though we may have hated to brush or floss as kids, we might be thanking our parents’ insistence that we do so later in life. The health of your teeth can be integral to your overall health, as strange as that might sound. Apart from keeping yourself healthy, there’s certainly a cosmetic aspect to having good teeth. Getting good dental care and making sure you’re doing general dental care at home like regularly brushing and flossing can help you have a stunning smile and keep your pearly whites in good condition. However, there’s also always cosmetic dentistry to help give your smile a boost and give you more confidence whenever you smile. There’s no reason to be embarrassed about your smile when there are plenty of resources to make it whiter, more even, and fuller. Cosmetic dentistry covers far more than just whitening.
How Important Is a Smile?
It’s interesting to see how people view a smile, especially as it impacts their personal and professional lives. The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) did a recent survey that showed that almost 100% of adults believed that having a healthy smile is important to their social life. No surprise then, that over 95% of adults rate having an attractive smile as one of the features that can make them more handsome or beautiful to members of the opposite gender. In another survey, the AACD also found that over half of the Americans surveyed who were over the age of 50 said that they believed our smiles are the physical feature that stays attractive even as we get older.
Our smile even creeps into our professional lives too! Almost 75% of adults think that having a bad or unattractive smile can be detrimental to how successful they are in their career. Sadly, over 30% of people are concerned by the way their teeth look, almost 20% hide their teeth when taking a picture, and almost three quarters of Americans have some type of periodontal disease.
What Are General Things You Should Be Doing For Your Oral Health?
The sad thing is that it isn’t that difficult to keep your smile looking nice! Like our moms and dads told us, brushing and flossing regularly is important! Ideally, your dentist would be over the moon if we brushed and flossed after every meal (which on average between men and women only a little over 20% of people do). A slightly higher percentage brush twice a day (a little over 50%), which is also a good habit to get into. If you’re just not a committed brusher, you should still be brushing your teeth at least once a day.
Flossing is also an important part of the equation, although many people simply don’t do it! Brushing only gets rid of about 75% of the germs and flossing takes care of the other 25%! You’re missing a lot of cavity causing bacteria if you don’t floss! You should also go see your dentist at least twice a year for a more in depth cleaning. Your dentist can help assess any upcoming dental issues you might have, give your teeth a thorough scrubbing, and offer advice if you’ve been having trouble with your teeth.
What Services Can Cosmetic Dentistry Provide?
Cosmetic dentistry covers everything from whitening your teeth to reshaping your teeth (if they’re chipped or misshaped). They can even close gaps, restore missing teeth, and give you a more even smile by contouring. Many people visit a cosmetic dentist for bleaching, but going for veneers or crowns is also common, especially among those with bad dental habits. Over 80% of people who had their teeth whitened by a dentist saw a noticeable difference. Do some research before going to a cosmetic dentist — you’ll want to make sure they’re reputable and have good results, since it can be an expensive process.
You shouldn’t be afraid to show the world your smile! By brushing and flossing regularly and going to a cosmetic dentist when you need bigger fixes, you can have that big, beautiful smile you’ve always dreamed of!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *